The Wheeler Regional Family YMCA Tigersharks Swim Team is a competitive swim program serving those in the Greater Hartford communities from the youngest and newest swimmers to nationally ranked athletes. Our current 4-lane training facility is located at the Wheeler Regional Family YMCA in Plainville. We believe that competitive swimming is a great youth sport, involving and enjoyed by the entire family. Our program strives to instill in young swimmers an understanding of and appreciation for self-esteem, personal accountability, goal setting, and achievement through hard work in training and in competition. At the same time, we provide an atmosphere that encourages the development of team sportsmanship, loyalty and camaraderie among competitors.
How To Become A Sandshark/Tigershark
The Wheeler Regional Family YMCA Swim Team program is made of two groups, the Tigersharks and the Sand Sharks. Together these groups make up the Wheeler Regional Family YMCA Swim Team. All new swimmers should meet with the Head Coach prior to signing up to determine if they are ready for swim team/what practice group they may be in. A welcome letter will be provided by Head Coach that MUST be presented at the front desk before any new swimmer may register.
All Swimmers MUST:
- Be ages 6–18 years old.
- Tryout and have coach’s approval prior to registering.
- Register at the Wheeler YMCA as a facility member AND for swim team.
- Complete an informational form (one per swimmer); must be handed in at registration time. The Member Service Staff will pass this form onto the swim coaches.
- Complete payment form and either pay in full or pay 1/3 of total at time of registration with signed payment option.
- Sign and return both Swimmer Code of Conduct and Parent Code of Conduct at time of registration or no later than the first practice.
- Swimmers must have their membership cards on them; present their card at Wheeler YMCA Member Service Desk Center to swipe their card each time upon entering the facility.