Last Updated: February 15, 2019
For over fifty years, the Laurel East Hartford YMCA Swim Club (LEHY) has been developing youth to reach his/her highest potential (in and out of the water) through the sport of swimming. Using the YMCA Core Values of CARING, HONESTY, RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY, LEHY coaches work to instill commitment, dedication, teamwork, and a love of swimming in each and every member of the club.
LEHY has consistently been seen as one of the top age group developmental programs in Connecticut Swimming. LEHY swimmers have been recognized through a multitude of accomplishments:
- Swimmers named to the Academic All-American Team
- National Top 16 rankings
- YMCA National Top 16 rankings
- Multiple finalist (including relays) at YMCA SC and LC National Championships
- U.S. Senior National Qualifiers
- U.S. Junior National Qualifiers
- Speedo Sectional Qualifiers
- CT Age Group Individual and Team High Point
- YMCA New England Championship High Point- male, female, and overall
The coaches pride themselves on developing life-long swimmers. We are proud of the fact many of our members start with the program as ten and under swimmers and go on to compete at the collegiate level. LEHY swimmers have gone on to compete at such colleges as Amherst College, Bentley College, Bryant University, Central CT State University, Conn College, Davidson College, Emory University, Florida Atlantic University, Lehigh University, Penn State, Rice University, RPI, Southern Connecticut State University, South Dakota State University, Springfield College, University of Tennessee, University of California- Davis, University of Maine, UMBC, URI, University of Richmond, Wesleyan University.