Camp at the Wheeler Y offers a beautiful outdoor play space, Gaga pit, basketball court, nature trail and more. Inside our full-facility, campers enjoy our pool, gymnasium, climbing wall and play rooms. All campers are Leaders of the Pack, and Camp Wheeler Wolves staff are the guardians. They are committed to helping them develop to their fullest potential while teaching our YMCA core values of honesty, responsibility, respect and caring.
*We accept Care 4 Kids and offer financial assistance.
2020 Summer Camp Guide
Location & Contact:
149 Farmington Avenue, Plainville, Connecticut
Before camp: 7-9am
Camp day: 9-4pm
Preschool half-day: 9-12pm
After camp: 4-6pm
Pricing per week:
- Traditional Camp (grades K-5)
- Specialty Camps
- Teen Camp (grades 6-8)
- Leadership Camp/CITs (grade 9)
- Preschool Camp (ages 3-4)
- Age 3-4 half days: $158
- Age 4 full days: $315
- The deposit for camp is non-refundable
- All cancellations made before May 15 will be refunded less the 20% deposit
- All cancellations made between May 15 and May 31 will be refunded 50%, less then 20% deposit
- Cancellations made after June 1 will not be eligible for a refund; please contact your branch for questions
- If withdrawing due to a medical reason, a signed doctor's note must be presented and a full refund less the 20% deposit will be issued.
- All refund requests must be made in writing
Specialty Camp Descriptions:
- STEM Camp: Each day will present a task that focuses on science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Basketball Camp: Campers will learn the fundamentals of basketball with a focus on skill development.
- Spy Kids Camp: Campers will become secret agents and be given a case to crack by the end of the week.
- Music & Theater Camp: Lights, camera, action! Campers will work on a production and perform for their fellow campers and families.
- Girl Power Camp: Join us for an all-girl summer adventure. Led by female staff, this camp will focus on building confident young ladies who will learn about female leadership and develop “girls can do anything” attitudes. This camp will build friendships that will last a lifetime!
- Swim Camp: Campers will receive swim lessons, participate in swim clinics and create a swim safety video.
- Dance Camp: Does your child love to dance? This action-packed week will be full of dance formations, as well as building skills. Campers will create a dance routine and perform for the entire camp and families.
- Animal Planet Camp: Campers will learn about different animals from around the world. They will explore different countries and the animals in those habitats. They will meet and explore some animals live at camp!
- All Sports Camp: Campers will experience various sports daily, while building up team spirit and skills.
- Soccer Camp: Campers will learn the fundamentals of soccer with a focus on skill development.
- Lego Camp: Lego camp will provide participants with exciting ways to learn and have fun with Legos.
Register for all camps:
Click here to register